William C. Spence will be hosting a webinar for patent litigators and if you read our blog post you can receive 25% off registration.
On December 1, 2015, patent litigators and litigants will begin to follow the newly amended Federal Rules of Civil Procedure. This webinar, taking place on Wednesday, December 16th, 2015 from 11AM to 12PM ET will be presented by seasoned patent litigators, will discuss anticipated changes that these amendments may bring to U.S. patent litigation. The webinar will attempt to answer questions that every patent litigator must be prepared to explain, including:
- Heightened Pleading Requirements: After the abolition of Rule 84 and the Appendix of Forms, including Form 18, what level of detail will be required in future patent pleadings?
- Scope of Discovery: Under the new standard for the scope of permissible discovery (“proportional to the needs of the case”), what changes in discovery strategies can we expect to see?
- Case Management Techniques: How might the amendments affect the manner in which judges manage patent cases, including the manner in which they apply local patent rules?
- Rule 37 Changes: Will we finally have a uniform, national standard for the imposition of sanctions for spoliation, and, moving forward, what preservation steps are likely to be deemed reasonable?
When is the webinar?
Wednesday, December 16th 2015 at 11AM to 12PM ET
- The content of the amendments to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedures
- How the amendments might change pleading requirements, scope of discovery, and case management of patent cases
- How to prepare new strategies to address such changes
Who would benefit the most from attending this program?
Patent litigators, patent litigants.
Register Now and Get 25% off
The registration page for this program is up and running: http://www.bna.com/ounce-prevention-patent-m57982063785/. Use this special discount code for clients and blog readers FIRMDISC25 so you receive 25% off the registration fee.