On January 28, 2016, Mr. Spence hosted the first of a series of webinars, called “Intellectual Property; What Every Lawyer and Every Client Must Understand.” Messrs. Eric Curtin (Crawford Manu), Mike Pellegrino (Pellegrino and Associates), and Kal Shah, (Locke Lord LLP) joined him as speakers. The speakers provided an overview of intellectual property laws in the U.S., including a discussion of what may be protected and the level of protection afforded. The speakers also engaged in lively discussion concerning the myriad ways that a lack of understanding concerning intellectual property may translate into lost business opportunities.
Upcoming episodes include:
- IP 101 2016 (Nuts & Bolts of Patents) on 2/22/2016; 2:00 PM CT
- IP 101 2016 (Nuts & Bolts of Copyrights) on 3/17/2016; 2:00 PM CT
- IP 101 2016 (Nuts & Bolts of Trademarks) on 4/21/2016; 2:00PM CT
- IP 101 2016 (Nuts & Bolts of Trade Secrets) on 5/26/2016; 2:00 PM CT
- IP 201 2016 (Choosing & Protecting Your Brand) on 9/23/2016; 11:00 AM CT
- IP 201 2016 (Buying &Selling IP) on 10/21/2016; 11:00 AM CT
- IP 201 2016 (Setting Up a Website) on 11/18/2016; 11:00 AM CT
- IP 201 2016 (Legal Issues for Innovators & Inventors) on 12/16/2016; 11:00 AM CT
The webinars are produced by Financial Poise, a business unit of DailyDAC, LLC, and sponsored by ChamberWise and West LegalEdcenter. More information can be found here.